Apply to Mercer Transportation
Take the next step in your trucking career today! Complete our safe, secure, and fast application process and apply to Mercer Transportation! Once you've completed your driver profile you can apply to additional truck driving jobs with a single click!Apply Now!
About This Job at Mercer Transportation
While the economy continues to rebound, now is a great time to strengthen your business for the future. Mercer has a massive freight network with more than 12,000 customers, providing stability in unpredictable times. We send payments consistently on time, quickly after paperwork is submitted for each load.
Running your own business, you must pay attention to expenses. Especially when you’re staying busy, the operating costs add up. Mercer Transportation helps with discounts on tires, fuel, insurance, and essential gear.
Mercer Transportation offers great benefits to owner operators:
• Zero sign-on fees to join with Mercer
• Browse thousands of loads or use a personal load coordinator
• Quick Pay after paperwork is submitted for each load
• Save on diesel with Mercer fuel card (we file and pay fuel taxes)
• Major discounts on tires, insurance, and essential gear
• Access to driver lounge and open-door offices in Louisville
• Bonus credits for revenue, safety, and years-of-service
After 40+ Years, Still Going Strong
Join Mercer Transportation - The Owner Operator Company!
Call 855-866-4329 for a Mercer recruiter and
get more information and answers to your questions.
Or Apply Online Today!
Minimum Requirements for Owner Operators:
• 25+ years old with current class A CDL and DOT physical
• Clean driving record (accidents, traffic violations, etc.)
• 6 months open deck experience in the last 3 years
• One year of recent interstate trucking experience
• Willing to install forward facing dashcam
• Must have a smartphone
• Fluent in English (spoken and written)
Even though we’ve grown into one of the top carriers in North America, Mercer Transportation has managed to preserve the friendly and supportive culture of a “mom and pop” operation. We started as a small flatbed company more than 40 years ago, and we remain dedicated to the success of each owner operator. With a service area stretching across the continent, our broad foundation helps us remain stable through rough patches in the economy. If you feel like you’re not getting the respect you deserve or the amount of freight you need to succeed, call to learn more about the opportunities and support available with Mercer Transportation.
Driver Types Hired
- Owner Operator
Equipment Types Hired
Equipment Experience Accepted
- Dry Van
- Household Goods
CDL Classes Accepted
- Class A
Hiring Area By State
- District of Columbia
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
|Min. driver age:||25|
|Min. driving experience:||1 year|
|Hire a driver who has had their license suspended or revoked:||Yes|
|Hire a driver with a DWI or DUI:||Yes|
General Program Offerings
|Spouse rider program:||Yes|
|Child rider program:||Yes|
Pay Information for Owner Operators
|Pay for layovers:||Yes|
|Pay for breakdowns:||No|
|Pay for loading and unloading:||Yes|
|Pay for tarp:||Yes|
More Driving Jobs at Mercer Transportation
BIG Opportunity for Drivers with Fleet Owners
Get a fresh start as a DRIVER hauling Mercer freight. Multiple fleet owners are currently looking fo...